Online Education During Covid-19
Free On-line Education during COVID-19
We are offering various learning opportunities online to help families and friends continue to stay connected and enhance their knowledge of dementia. These programs will be hosted by one of our Public Education team members and all participants will have the chance to ask questions.
If you would like to participate in any of these on-line programs, please:
1. Use a computer or iPad (not phone)
2. Using Google Chrome go to https://zoom.us/ and download the platform (top right corner, it’s safe, easy and free! May take about 5 minutes)
3. If you are participating in a learning series, you will need to re-visit it’s link below to join the class each time
4. Choose any on-line education that interests you
5. If you have questions about the zoom platform, please email: PECHamilton@alzhh.ca for more detailed instructions
DEMENTIA EDUCATION SERIES
A 4 session learning series for family and friends of persons living with dementia. A base overview to help understand the changes association with dementia.
MIDDLE STAGE EDUCATION SERIES
A three session learning series for family and friends of persons living with dementia who are in the middle stage. Topics include: recognizing middle stage, hands-on care tips, long term care discussion
LONG TERM CARE INFORMATION SESSION
This one hour session will review tips and ideas to prepare for the move and provide resources for you to review afterwards.
WEEKLY TOPIC-SPECIFIC TALKS
These weekly 40 minute talks will provide some information and resources on a specific topic.