Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant Services
The Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant has a strong knowledge base of the management of mental illness and dementias, including behaviour management. Their skills as a facilitator and educator can assist frontline providers in dealing with specific care issues using current best practice methods.
As part of Ontario’s Strategy for Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, the Psychogeriatric Resource Consult (PRC) provides consultative support to staff in long-term care homes and community support agencies that serve people with dementia and issues of a geriatric nature.
The Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant:
- Provides supports to staff in Long Term Care (LTC) homes Community Care Access Centre’s and Community Support Agencies
- Acting as advisors, educators, facilitators and network builders
- Help to identify gaps and integrate services to meet client, resident, staff and family needs
- Operate in a continuum of care model and serve as a link between inpatient, tertiary specialty and community resources
- Enhance local knowledge and skills in psychogeriatric care
- Facilitate linkages to existing supports and services within the LTC/Community Support Service Community
- Provide education and training as requested
- Assist and advise staff in the use of assessment tools and the development of care plans and interventions for persons with behavioral issues.
To contact a PRC in your area CONTACT US